[MCOH-EH] For cause/reasonable suspicion testing after hours

Schweitzer, Kit KSchweitzer at peacehealth.org
Wed Jul 20 08:18:41 PDT 2016

We do (f) We have an outside mobile service come on site to perform collections for all our for cause and random drug/BAT testing even when Employee Health is open.
The EMT's are trained and very proficient at drug testing plus we avoid a possible perception of impropriety because the employer or coworker is not doing the collecting. The mobile service also QA their own equipment, ie BAT machine and are regulated, so legality and appeal process is covered.
The results go to the 3rd party vendor (the mobile service is part of an occ health clinic) and they provide MRO services as well. Then results come to Employee Health.
Our mobile service is fast, 30" lead time or less and drug screens come back in about 2-3 days.
It works well for us; we have approximately 6000 employees.

Kit Schweitzer, RN, BSN, COHN  |  Employee Health Nurse |  Employee Health & Safety Oregon Network
PeaceHealth<http://www.peacehealth.org/>  |  3333 Riverbend Way |  Springfield, OR 97477
[peace-logo-lockup copy_480px]office 541-222-2544  |  fax 541-222-2548