[MCOH-EH] onboarding new employees

Birkholz, Brenda M BBirkholz at hutchhealth.com
Thu Aug 4 09:58:46 PDT 2016

Here's how we ensure new employees meet health requirements before their first day of work.  Each employee completes a pre-placement screening with an Employee Occupational Health (EOH) RN.  They are informed that they need to set up an appointment for this, by our HR department, once the conditional job offer is made.  The new employees are asked to find and bring with them, past immunization records, titers, etc.  EOH  provides vaccinations, TB screening and/or titers to meet our requirements, at the pre-placement appointment.  Once all the lab results and vaccinations are completed per our requirements, before their actual start date, we send a summary note to our HR area indicating they have cleared Pre-Placement requirements.  If there will be a delay - EOH sends a form note to HR indicating the pre-placement is "pending" - and if the new employee was scheduled to start before EOH has cleared their pre-placement requirements, the start date is delayed.  HR is "onboard" with us - so they also stress to the new hires, the need to  complete this process before they can start work.

Brenda Birkholz, MPH, RN, COHN-S
Manager, Occupational Health and Out-Patient Education
Hutchinson Health
1095 Hwy #15 S
Hutchinson, MN  55350
Ph: 320-484-4502