[MCOH-EH] Medical staff compliance with vaccination requirements

Hudson, T. Warner TWHudson at mednet.ucla.edu
Tue Aug 30 07:22:51 PDT 2016

Sadly we do not for medical staff who are not hospital employees.  The majority of MD medical staff are faculty of the school of medicine and at re-credentialing they only must comply with the TB surveillance every 2 years.  If non- compliant with TB or flu they are no able to work. The flu immunization is required every year however and those who were house staff here and at most medical centers did the full immunization titer drill at onboarding and so imperfect as it is it is not a bad as it looks at first.  It would be far better for all new faculty to onboard through occupational health per our requirements for health system employees so I applaud your efforts. Warner

T. Warner Hudson, MD FACOEM, FAAFP
Medical Director, Occupational and Employee Health
UCLA Health System and Campus
Office 310.825.9146
Fax 310.206.4585
Pager 800.233.7231  ID 27132