[MCOH-EH] Beards

Senior, Cathy (Employee Health) CESenior at phhealthcare.org
Wed Aug 31 11:08:30 PDT 2016

Does anyone have a policy relating to the length of beards in the patient care areas. I have a male RN who works in our ICU who is letting his beard grow and also a male anesthestist in the OR.
All our policy states a beard must be trimmed and maintained.  I feel this is an infection control issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cathy Senior RN BSN CDE
Employee Health Director
Penn Highlands DuBois
100 Hospital Avenue
P.O. Box 447
DuBois Pa 15801
Phone 814-375-3392
Fax 814-372-2610
cesenior at phhealthcare.org
www.phhealthcare.org
[cid:image002.png at 01D20387.45F3CE80]

This email and any attached files are sensitive in nature and intended solely for the intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not read, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not represent those of Penn Highlands Healthcare or its affiliates.. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this email or attachments.