[MCOH-EH] pre-placement drug and cotinine screening query/poll

Sparhawk, Dana P MD dsparhawk at Lifespan.org
Wed Dec 7 11:20:14 PST 2016

My hospital group is starting pre-placement drug and cotinine screening next month and I have the program and policies just about set to go.  I am now getting questioned from the GME leaders at our teaching hospitals about inclusion of all interns and residents in this process, and they would like to know what is being done at other academic medical centers.

So three questions:

1.      Are you doing pre placement drug screens?

2.      Do you include cotinine?

3.      Are all interns/residents/fellows included in the screening?

Thanks so much.  I will give feedback to the group after I receive the responses.

Dana

Dana Sparhawk, MD, MPH, FACOEM
Director, Lifespan Employee and Occupational Health Services
Clinical Assistant Professor, Alpert Medical School, Brown University
Grads Dorm, Rhode Island Hospital
593 Eddy Street
Providence, RI  02903
(401) 444-7412

This transmission is intended only for the adressee(s) listed above and may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged.  If you are not the addresse, any use, disclosure, copying, or communication of the contents of this message is prohibited. Please contact me if this message was transmitted in error.  Thank you.