[MCOH-EH] Crisis Incident / Stress response

Cindy Hansen Chansen at mhg.com
Thu Dec 29 09:26:21 PST 2016

I am inquiring on what organizations may have in place to address Employee / Visitor Crisis - Critical incidents.   We have employee assaults, trauma, suicides, or stress related to coding your own coworker, etc....  We have identified that these and many other type of events may necessitate a Debrief and / or crisis intervention.   We are thinking about a small team to activate when certain types of incidents occur to address the physical, emotional, and /or psychological effects of a traumatic event.  A lot of our staff some directly or indirectly involved are having problems processing and communicating effectively afterwards, so we want to offer them an avenue of help.

1)  Does your organization have a formal program/incident crisis response internally?  Or contracted?
2)  Is there an internal team assembled?  If so, who is it comprised of.    Social worker, Clergy, Psychologist, RN, etc...
3)  How is it activated?
4)  Are their "tiers" to who is included w/in the crisis management intervention?

Any and all recommendations would be helpful as we seek more information to provide a more formal and productive option for our traumatized employees.  Please email me at Chansen at mhg.com<mailto:Chansen at mhg.com> if you have info or resources that may be of assistance.  Thank you very much in advance!!!

Cindy

Cindy Hansen, RN, MSN, CCM, CSIWCP
Employee Health Manager
Memorial Hospital  - Gulfport, Mississippi
Ph:  228-867-4174
Fax:  228-867-4080

[First Choice]
http://www.gulfportmemorial.com/body.cfm?id=977
This email may contain information covered under the Mississippi Privacy Law (Miss. Code Ann. ? 75-24-29), the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. ? 552a) and/or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (Pub. L. No. 104-191) and its accompanying regulations. Healthcare information is personal and sensitive and must be protected in accordance with these provisions. If this email contains healthcare information, it is being disclosed to you only after appropriate authorization from the patient or under circumstances that do not require patient authorization. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Re-disclosure without additional patient authorization, unless otherwise permitted by law, is prohibited.

**********PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL**********

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, be advised that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of the information contained therein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and then destroy/delete all copies of the original message and any attachment(s) thereto.