[MCOH-EH] Are some brands of N95 masks superior to others?

Kathy.Dayvault at dekalbmedical.org Kathy.Dayvault at dekalbmedical.org
Thu Apr 27 11:57:17 PDT 2017

According to OSHA regulations, you have to offer more than 1 type of
respirator.

We Use the duck bill and  the 3M 1860 regular and small.

For very small faces, the 3M 1870s, works very well.

Men are required to shave (not clean) so that there is no hair between the
seal of the mask and the skin...also in the OSHA reg.

Very full beards are an Infection control issue as well and in patient
facing areas such as nursing units, their beards should be well trimmed.

If a male has a religious or medical reason for not shaving, they are sent
to HR, employee relations for an accommodation.

Hope this helps!

Kathy Dayvault, RN, BSN, MPH
 Manager, Occupational Health and Safety
 WorksWell Onsite