[MCOH-EH] preplacement screening

Schwindt, Pamela K PSchwindt at IUHealth.org
Thu Jun 22 05:56:12 PDT 2017

Would appreciate some input into how preplacement assessments are being done.....where?  and what is being included.  We are a large hospital system and have one large employee occupational health clinic to do the majority of preplacement assessments.  The assessments are done by RNs and include
health history
vision screening
immunizations...measles mumps rubella and varicella vaccine or titer
drug screen
hep B vaccine admin or declination   we offer hep B to all employees
screening for other regulatory requirements.....hearing conservation, chemo requirements, etc
fit testing

We are looking for ways to streamline our process, which now takes approximately 45 minutes, and create more openings in our clinic.
Thanks for any ideas you have, I appreciate your time.

Pam

Pamela Schwindt, RN BSN
Employee Occupational Health Services Manager
AHC | Arnett | Ball | North | West |
IU Health Physicians
1633 Capitol
Indianapolis, IN  46202
Telephone          317-962-8244
Fax                         317-962-8349
eohs at iuhealth.org<mailto:eohs at iuhealth.org>