[MCOH-EH] PAPR use for staff with beards

Maher, Kathy kaem at u.washington.edu
Fri Jul 7 06:52:54 PDT 2017

We prefer PAPRS, but use N95's as well.  We are a medium risk hospital for
TB and an Ebola treatment facility.  We have 200+ PAPRS and find that a full
blown N95 respirator fit program done correctly per OSHA is costly and time
consuming.

You may try looking at the employee non productive time it takes to get fit
tested to bolster your case.

Kathy Maher RN MSN, Manager

Employee Health Services UW Medicine Harborview Medical Center

325 9th Ave   MS 359855

Seattle WA 98104

Ph: 206-744-3081  Fax: 206-744-4886   Cell: 206-484-9128

Employee Health Services

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The above email may contain patient identifiable or confidential
information. Because email is not secure, please be aware of associated
risks of email transmission. If you are a patient, communicating to a UW
Medicine Provider via email implies your agreement to email communication;
see  <http://www.uwmedicine.org/Global/Compliance/EmailRisk.htm>
http://www.uwmedicine.org/Global/Compliance/EmailRisk.htm

The information is intended for the individual named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is prohibited.  Please notify the sender by
reply email, and then destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.
See our Notice of Privacy Practices at  <http://www.uwmedicine.org/>
www.uwmedicine.org.