[MCOH-EH] [EXTERNAL] hazardous drug administration

Allen-Hardy, Blythe Blythe.Allen-Hardy at memorialhermann.org
Tue Aug 1 11:22:07 PDT 2017

Cathy,

At Memorial Hermann we have a surveillance program that I am in the process of updating due to the USP 800 requirements. We have a policy in place in our hospitals on how the drugs are handled etc and it is fairly comprehensive. The medical surveillance I believe as involved checking a CBC, UA and completing an annual questionnaire. I am developing a medical surveillance guideline that will addl laboratory tests such as LFT's, BUN/Cr to the CBC w/diff and UA. Will also add a focused exam component for post exposures.

That may be overkill but I want to make sure we have a comprehensive program. Feel free to contact me for further questions.

Blythe Allen-Hardy, MD, FACOEM
Medical Director, Employee Health
Texas Medical Center
6411 Fannin, JB500