[MCOH-EH] BBP exposures

Kathy.Dayvault at dekalbmedical.org Kathy.Dayvault at dekalbmedical.org
Thu Oct 12 07:45:03 PDT 2017

We provide initial care for BBF exposures for students and travelers -
meaning we draw initial blood and would give three days of meds if
indicated by a positive HIV source.

Follow up care, including continued blood draws and medications is under
the direction of their WC or school liability insurance.

The involved person is directed to their WC provider/school for further
direction.

For students, this is outlined in our contract with their school/college.

Thanks,

Kathy Dayvault, RN, BSN, MPH
 Manager, Occupational Health and Safety
 WorksWell Onsite