[MCOH-EH] #ExtMail# Re: BBP exposures

Lanzi, Maria Maria.Lanzi at va.gov
Mon Nov 13 10:40:08 PST 2017

Long term immunity for Hepatitis B is not ensured unless a 3 dose series AND post series positive titer is confirmed.

Testing someone for Hep B c Ab  would be positive if someone has had Hepatitis B disease, but not if they completed the vaccine series.

Re: a moment in time Hep B s Ab positive titer interpretation without knowledge of prior vaccine receipt would be difficult to interpret and would not be a reliable indication of immunity.  I refer you to Immunization of Health Care Personnel:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/pdf/rr/rr6007.pdf
MMWR / November 25, 2011 / Vol. 60 / No. 7 1 Immunization of Health-Care Personnel
Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices

Maria
Maria C. Lanzi, MS, MPH, ANP-BC, COHN-S, CTH
Nurse Practitioner/Program Coordinator
Employee Occupational Health
Corporal Michael J Crescenz Veterans Affairs Medical Center
3900Woodland Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Work:  215 823 5800 x 2592
Fax:  215 823 5968