[MCOH-EH] Exemptions from (mandatory) flu vaccine

Thrasher, Terri (Terri) Terri.Thrasher at cchmc.org
Fri Dec 1 13:45:11 PST 2017

Cincinnati Children's Hospital

You must provide documentation of the IgE egg allergy however at this point it has become fairly null if someone has an egg allergy.   We will provide a dose of vaccine to the allergist for a challenge test as well.
Or they can provide documentation of their anaphylactic reaction to a previous vaccine to include proof of vaccination that corresponds to the Emergency treatment.   But we also review the documentation to determine if we accept it as an anaphylactic reaction.

GBS- you must present evident of GBS dx within 6 weeks of the flu shot.   So you must also present documentation of the flu shot as well as the dx of GBS and the treatment provided.

Immunocompromised... we rarely accept this.

Our ID physician will talk with the employee's physician (we also have had our chief allergist talk with their physicians) to help providers understand the facts and real concerns.

We do not accept family hx of GBS or previous reaction.