[MCOH-EH] Timing of annual TSTs in inpatient units: By date of birth, alphabetically, date of hire?

Kathy.Dayvault at dekalbmedical.org Kathy.Dayvault at dekalbmedical.org
Thu Dec 7 08:26:17 PST 2017

We have a schedule of which department is due by month and go by that. We
use an IGRA blood test and not ppd.

For new hires, if more than 30 days have gone by before the department
month is due, we repeat testing to get them on the right schedule.

Our reasoning is new  employees would have the potential to go more than a
year between their first testing and next annual.

Thanks,

Kathy Dayvault, RN, BSN, MPH
 Manager, Occupational Health and Safety
 WorksWell Onsite