[MCOH-EH] Newborns as source patients in BBP exposures

Steivang, Kristen Kristen.Steivang at ssmhealth.com
Wed Dec 27 13:41:24 PST 2017

I am attempting to locate a source that can define how long after a baby is delivered can (or should) the mother be used for the blood source if the infant was the "source" to which the employee was exposed .

Does this change in cases where micro preemies are involved (under 1 kg).  Our current practice is to draw the mother for up to one month, but the practice has been ongoing for so long, I am unable to locate a source and need to update the policy.

Please and thank you for your response!

Kristen

Kristen L. Steivang MSN, RN, ANP-BC, APNP
Employee Health Services
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital Madison
700 S Park St.
Madison  WI 53715
608-258-6995
Fax 608-259-3239

PLEASE NOTE:   EFFECTIVE AUGUST 31, 2016 MY EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGED TO Kristen.Steivang at ssmhealth.com<mailto:Kristen.Steivang at ssmhealth.com>   Please update your address book - Thank You!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me at 608-258-6995 and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.