[MCOH-EH] employees with immunocompromising diseases

Philip Adamo philipad1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 10:06:33 PST 2018

Hello all
We have had requests from employees with asthma and other underlying conditions who have doctors writing notes to exclude them from working in certain areas of the hospital because they are at risk for contracting certain respiratory diseases and the flu. I am not in agreement because we have infection control PPE required for those on respiratory and contact precautions.

I am wondering if you have had the same experience and you have any policy to address this request.

Thanks,
Philip Adamo, M.D., MPH
Senior Medicial Director
Baystate Health