[MCOH-EH] Decreasing Annual TB testing

Epps, Nancy nepps at tgh.org
Thu Mar 22 13:01:54 PDT 2018

Our facility is attempting to decrease the number of staff that are tested annually for TB and fit tested for N95 masks.
Approximately 2 years ago, our facility stopped testing Non-Patient care staff as we felt they were at low risk as they aren't exposed to patients.
We feel there are still MANY in the facility that are at low risk and would like to decrease TB testing further.

What departments does your facility TB test annually?
What departments does your facility Fit test for N95 masks?

If you have omitted just certain departments, please list who you were able to eliminate from your TB or fit testing protocols.

Nancy Epps RN BSN COHN-S
Clinician, Employee Health Services
Tampa General Hospital
Phone: (813) 844-8003