[MCOH-EH] Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Workshop 2019 AOHC Anaheim
Sayeed, Yusef A
Yusef.Sayeed at va.gov
Thu Mar 21 11:36:56 PDT 2019
Dear List Members, friends and colleagues,
Just wanted to remind you about our second annual ultrasound course with just a few remaining seats. We are working to expand the current faculty due to the high demand. Please join us for the 2nd annual Musculoskeletal Ultrasound course in beautiful Disneyland Hotel on April 27th at the American Occupational Health Conference 2019. Space is extremely limited for this exclusive hands on workshop. This year will be a full day course with extra time for participants to receive feedback on skills, use of interventional techniques, and we have even added knee ultrasound to the course this year. Our faculty are some of the most diverse including physicians practicing Interventional Pain Medicine, PM&R, Sports Medicine, Orthopedics, Anesthesiology, Family Medicine, and of course, Occupational Medicine. This particular faculty experience will be a truly integrated experience among practitioners with a focus on Work Injuries.
Description: This course is designed for health care providers who are exploring musculoskeletal ultrasound to enhance the evaluation and management of the patients with upper limb and lower limb injury and complaints. Faculty will present a systematic and focused assessment with ultrasound. The session will include both live scanning and when and how to intervene. Participants will develop ultrasound pattern recognition of the major tendons, ligaments, nerves, and muscles surrounding joints. The case discussions will focus on pathologies that are commonly encountered. In addition, the session will cover regenerative medicine topics including percutaneous needle tenotomy, platelet rich plasma, and stem cell therapy.
Upon completion of this educational activity, learners should be able to:
* Perform and/or interpret musculoskeletal (MSK) ultrasound examinations.
* List the indications, benefits, and limitations of MSK ultrasound for occupational injuries
* Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produce diagnostic images.
* Demonstrate scanning protocols for ultrasound examinations.
* Identify normal anatomy during musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging.
* Identify the sonographic appearance of commonly seen pathology.
* Demonstrate the use of MSK sonography for diagnosis and ultrasound-guided interventions and describe "in-plane" and "out of plane" injections/aspiration techniques using inanimate phantoms.
* Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, techniques and interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
If you have questions regarding the course feel free to email me.
Yusef Sayeed, MD, MPH, MEng, CME, CMRO, CPH, RMSK, MSKME, COHC, DABPM
Battle Creek VAMC Michigan
Assistant Professor Western Michigan Universiy Homer Stryker Medical School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MCOH-EH