[MCOH-EH] Occupational Health question

Mora, Jennifer JMora at stohosp.com
Wed Apr 10 08:34:43 PDT 2019

Hello-

Our policy states that if an employee is off from work for more than 3 shifts, he/she needs to be cleared by employee health before returning.  Our managers are really good about enforcing this policy.  I do not see all of them, but do make contact via phone.  If it is a fever, then I check to see when their last fever was and let them know when they can return.  If it is a surgery, I see them in person and assess them before return to work.

All sick calls and call ins are entered into our safety zone portal and automatically come to me.  I review them as they come in and monitor for trends, etc.  Our managers also are good at making note of return to work requirements such as fever free for 24 hours (without medication) and GI symptoms of nausea/vomiting/diarrhea need to be off 48 hours after symptoms resolve.

Thanks,

Jennifer Mora MSN, RN
Business Health and Wellness Coordinator
Stoughton Hospital
900 Ridge Street
Stoughton, WI 53589

Office 608-873-2204