[MCOH-EH] [EXTERNAL] ACOEM Medical Center Occupational Health Section

Dr Joe Fanucchi drjoe at meditrax.com
Mon May 13 09:18:38 PDT 2019

Colleagues,

As Dr Hodgson indicates, there was extended discussion of this subject
at the dinner meeting of the ACOEM Medical Center Occupational Health
Section in Anaheim. Employee Health directors from several institutions
which routinely administer cancer chemotherapy agreed that, as Dr Andrew
Vaughn <mailto:vaughn.andrew at mayo.edu> of the Rochester Mayo Clinic has
stated,

    /"given the lack of truly relevant lab tests, and the difficulty of
    identifying and cleaning up contaminated surfaces, the greatest
    effort and importance should be directed at preventing
    dermal/inhalation/parenteral exposures through the use of
    engineering controls. Administering questionnaires and providing
    training on effective work practices will hopefully meet USP 800
    requirements."/

Regards,

Joe Fanucchi

*Joe Fanucchi MD FACOEM*
President and Medical Director
MediTrax / OHS, Inc. <http://www.meditrax.com/>
o:925-820-7758
c:925-368-3367
drjoe at meditrax.com <mailto: drjoe at meditrax.com>
<http://www.meditrax.com/>
/MediTrax software: Everything you need, at a fraction of the cost!/