[MCOH-EH] MCOH-EH Digest, Vol 254, Issue 149 - Mandatory MMR Vaccinations?

Harriman, Kathleen@CDPH Kathleen.Harriman at cdph.ca.gov
Thu May 16 13:01:22 PDT 2019

In California, I believe that most hospitals make evidence of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella and varicella a condition of employment. Since most people were vaccinated as children, most healthcare workers who weren't born before 1957 have received measles, mumps and rubella vaccines, or in the case of varicella - had vaccine or disease. Therefore, even if a healthcare worker is currently anti-vaccine, it's usually not an issue for these vaccines since most healthcare workers had these vaccines as children and don't need them again. For this reason, there seems to be less resistance to immunity requirements for these diseases than for influenza vaccine.

For California recommendations, see: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH%20Document%20Library/Immunization/HCWIZRecs.pdf

Kathleen Harriman
California Department of Public Health
kathleen.harriman at cdph.ca.gov

Today's Topics:

   1.  Mandatory MMR Vaccinations? (Lawrence Budnick)
   2. Re:  Mandatory MMR Vaccinations? (Swift, Melanie D., M.D.)
   3. Re:  [External]  Mandatory MMR Vaccinations? (Behrman, Amy)
   4. Re:  Mandatory MMR Vaccinations? (Lanzi, Maria)

Message: 1