[MCOH-EH] Varicella Immunity

Tara Dockery tdockery at oceanbeachhospital.com
Wed Jun 5 14:33:43 PDT 2019

HI John - That is exactly what we do. We have them sign a declination that proves that we offered the vaccine to the staff that is non-immune, and that paper mentions that if there is potential for an exposure or an outbreak that they understand that their employment status or assignments may be affected by their action, and that if they are exposed to these diseases, at work or not, they may be furloughed without pay for the duration of the incubation period of the disease. We tell them they may change their mind at any time.

We recently had a Measles outbreak in my state, and I have an Admitting person who has gotten the MMR vaccine 4 times prior to working here, and still does not test immune to Measles. She has declined, and watched the news very carefully, but luckily all the Measles cases stayed where they were and none were brought to my county to put her at risk.

Tara

Tara Lee Dockery, IP, MT(ASCP), BS | Infection Preventionist and Employee Health
Ocean Beach Hospital and Medical Clinics
174 1st Ave North | P.O. Box H | Ilwaco |WA | 98624
Phone: 360.642.6307 | Cell : 509-760-7397 | Fax: 360-642-6309  |tdockery at oceanbeachhospital.com<mailto:tdockery at oceanbeachhospital.com>

[cid:image003.png at 01D40E32.E65AC8D0]<http://www.oceanbeachhospital.com/>

www.oceanbeachhospital.com<http://www.oceanbeachhospital.com/>