[MCOH-EH] Worker's Compensation

Charles Hackett dickenshackett at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 06:38:07 PDT 2019

We report into HR at our system and oversee a population of approximately
15k employees at multiple sites.
Our EOHS department has historically managed every aspect of WC.
We use a TPA and are going through a RFP. We have had a nurse manager in
the role of overseeing the TPA and interfacing with our employees when they
are first injured and are involved through directing care to help with
returning to work and a pretty vibrant modified work program.
Our management is questioning the value of a clinician in that role.

How is the management of workers compensation structured within your
organization?
What role does your employee health/occupational health team play?
Do you have a dedicated manager and what is their background?
Where does risk fit into the overall scheme of things?
Do you have dedicate clinicians involved in your program?
Thank you
Charlie Hackett MD, MPH, Lifespan EOHS