[MCOH-EH] [EXTERNAL] Re: Virtual Visits -- updated link

Lanzi, Maria Maria.Lanzi at va.gov
Tue Jul 23 12:28:21 PDT 2019

Joe

I couldn’t open this one either

Maria

From: MCOH-EH <mcoh-eh-bounces+maria.lanzi=va.gov at mylist.net> On Behalf Of Dr Joe Fanucchi
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 3:24 PM
To: mcoh-eh at mylist.net
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [MCOH-EH] Virtual Visits -- updated link

Colleagues,

My error ... the links in the previous message don't work. Here's the correct link:

VUC Training<https://www.meditrax.com/VUC%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20training.pptx>

Joe Fanucchi

--
Joe Fanucchi MD FACOEM
President and Medical Director

________________________________
On 7/23/2019 10:45 AM, Tim Crump wrote:

We have been using virtual care for some of our BBF exposure management. The goal is to use them for after-hours exposures to reduce the impact on the ED. We have found that training the VVUC providers is critical, as this is a different process for them. We provided a 30-minute training for staff with a PowerPoint they can refer back to and had them manage for several months some exposures that occurred while we were open so that they could consult with our providers. It is still a work in progress, but it is a wonderful concept; do not underestimate the importance of provider trainings and specifying workflows (e.g. how workers are notified of source and baseline results). Cheers, Tim

Tim Crump, MSN, FNP
Tim Crump, MSN, FNP
Family Nurse Practitioner
Multnomah Pavilion 1 SE, Suite 1110
Occupational Health
Healthcare Human Resources

Oregon Health & Science University
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd
Mail code: UHN 89
Portland, OR 97239-3098
Department Phone: 503-494-5271
Office Phone: 503-346-1152
Fax: 503-494-4457
Email: crumpt at ohsu.edu<mailto:crumpt at ohsu.edu>

Mon-Fri, 7:30-4:00

[cid:3381310330_334556]

After several list members requested copies, Tim generously provided us with the PowerPoint. The maillist server returned it to him because it's 5.5 MB in size, and there's a 1 MB size limit for MCOH-EH messages.

However, you can download the OHSU VUC Training Powerpoint<VUC%20training.pptx> by clicking this link<VUC%20training.pptx>.

Tim commented:
Here is the PowerPoint we used for Virtual Visit training. I emptied the content of slides 4 and 5 since they had stats specific to our institution. You might consider adding in info specific to your institution. Feel free to give feedback; that’s how things get better.
Best, Tim
Regards,

Joe Fanucchi