[MCOH-EH] FFD communication

Philip Adamo philipad1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 15:26:47 PST 2020

Hello all
I am inquiring as to your communication to HR/Employee Relations with FFD cases. I have always determine-“Fit for duty” or Not fit for duty” and communicated what needed to be done ie PCP contact, Drug/alcohol progeram, cognitive testing etc.

Recently I have engage with our Employee relations colleagues who want a third decision “unable to determine Fitnesss for duty, No return to work.” They feel this is needed when a drug test is pending, or if we require cognitive testing an due are unsure if there are cognitive deficits. I have not done this in the past and would like your input.

Thanks,

Philip Adamo, M.d., MPH
Dartmouth- Hitchcock
Lebanon, NH