[MCOH-EH] COVID19 Protocols for return to work with exposures/symptoms

jerbiggs at yahoo.com jerbiggs at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 13 06:09:06 PDT 2020

What are others doing in terms of return to work with employees with upper respiratory symptoms with our without confirmed COVID19 infection?

What we have found is varied, but seems to be that if they are confirmed symptomatic case: home for at least 7 days, need to be symptom free for up to 72 hours?

Non positive: symptom free for 24 hours before returning

Is anyone asking the employees to wear a mask for a period of time on return if they still have just a lingering cough, but no fever? With the shortages that may occur we are trying to figure out the best use of all PPE.

For PPE, does anyone have a good feel for reuse of PPE planning if/when that could be necessary? How long to allow employees to wear their N95? Ways to safely reuse PPE. I have looked at CDC and FDA and they have guidance, just wondering if anyone has ever implemented it before and pitfalls or things to consider.

Thanks

Jeremy

Dr. Jeremy Biggs MD MSPH
Medical Director l Occupational Medicine Clinics l University of Utah Health Care
Medical Director  l Rocky Mountain Specialty Services Clinic
Assistant Professor l Rocky Mountain Center for Occupational and Environmental Health
801-581-4800
www.healthcare.utah.edu/occmed <http://www.healthcare.utah.edu/occmed>
http://medicine.utah.edu/rmcoeh/ <http://medicine.utah.edu/rmcoeh/>