[MCOH-EH] Covid-19 restrictions for vulnerable healthcare personnel

Sumeet Batra Sumeet.Batra at cookchildrens.org
Wed Mar 18 17:58:13 PDT 2020

Hello,

I am interested in what my colleagues at other institutions are doing with vulnerable HCP, such as HCP over 60, pregnant, immunocompromised.  At this time my institution has not recommended changes in work practices, such as not assigning these workers to known or suspected Covid cases but we are getting a lot of pushback from employees and physicians who feel unsafe.  I am wary of the legal/ethical/logistical issues that could arise from creating these restrictions but would be very interested in how others are handling this.

Sumeet Batra, MD, MPH
Medical Director of Occupational Health
Cook Children’s Healthcare System