[MCOH-EH] [EXTERNAL] Re: COVID-19 Test Results

Thanassi, Wendy Wendy.Thanassi at va.gov
Thu Mar 26 21:04:42 PDT 2020

I’d be interested in your positive rate testing employees? Stanford is 2.5%, or 97.5% negative. 150 tests yesterday.

What is SunQuest?

Wendy

Sent with BlackBerry Work
(www.blackberry.com)

From: Shea, Joann via MCOH-EH <mcoh-eh at mylist.net<mailto:mcoh-eh at mylist.net>>
Date: Thursday, Mar 26, 2020, 2:05 PM
To: MCOH-EH <mcoh-eh at mylist.net<mailto:mcoh-eh at mylist.net>>
Cc: Shea, Joann <jshea at tgh.org<mailto:jshea at tgh.org>>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [MCOH-EH] COVID-19 Test Results

We are not entering into EPIC.  Employee Health (aka Team Member Health) is coordinating a Healthcare worker screening clinic and we enter all labs into SunQuest which auto populates into our OH database.  We have furloughed APRN or RN following up with team members and exposures.

We  test all employees, medical staff and residents who meet our screening criteria.   Our current turnaround is 6-12 hours and our esoteric lab runs the test in-house.

Our Infectious Disease physicians are starting to see GI symptoms as presenting symptoms  in the community, although we have not seen that at our healthcare organization yet.

Would like to hear what other organizations are doing post-exposure.  We had exposure in our free standing Emergency Dept and Infusion Center.  We did not quarantine due to large number of employees exposed as we would have to essentially shut down those areas.  We opted to do daily symptom screening, twice a day temps and require exposed HCWs to wear surgical mask during work shift for 14 days.   We feel comfortable doing this since we can get same day results for anyone with symptoms and isolate quickly.

We do require 14 day self quarantine for domestic and international air travel and any travel from New York, Washington and newly designated domestic hotzones.

JoAnn Shea, APRN, MS, COHN-S
Director, Team Member Health and Wellness
Tampa General Hospital
Office: 813-844-7692
Cell:      813-789-3441
jshea at tgh.org