[MCOH-EH] Reassignment requests for COVID-19

Abhijay Karandikar dr_abhik at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 06:24:34 PDT 2020

Dear all,

I am curious to know how you are handling requests for reassignments away from caring for COVID-19 patients for employees who must attend to individuals (family members, clients, etc.) who are immunosuppressed. We are getting requests from providers of such individuals asking that our employees who care for these family members/clients be assigned to work not involving COVID-19 patients.

Thanks,
Abhijay

Abhijay P. Karandikar, MD, MPH, FACOEM
Chief - Section of Occupational Medicine & Employee Health
Reading Hospital, PA