[MCOH-EH] Mask related reactions and rashes

Mike mpg_sacto at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 12:16:33 PDT 2020

This is what I'm recommending. Does this match with your opinion?

Preventiveskin care:

·        Wash face with onlycool to lukewarm water and mild unscented skin cleansers such as Cetaphilcleanser or castile soap etc (avoid dyes, fragrances, exfoliating scrubs, etc.)

·        Moisturize around theclock with a bland (unscented, no salicylate, no UV) moisturizer, i.e. Eucerin,Cerave

·        Do not use irritatingtopical medications such as retinol, salicylic acid, glycolic acid

·        Avoid use of make-upor other cosmetics (these can break down with expired moisture and becomeirritating)

·        Shave facial hair withclean new sharp blades and use calming shave products without scents

Preventive mask use:

·        Remove mask as allowedto relieve contact (e.g. when eating or using bathroom)

·        Rotatesurgical/procedure masks if possible (ear loops vs ties, etc.).  Do notrotate N95 respirators unless fitted to multiple types

·        Place thin gauze undersurgical/procedure masks (not N95 respirators), especially at pressure points.

·        Use buttons orpaperclips to hold loops of surgical/procedure masks to alleviate pressure onears.

Advancedprevention when needed:

·        Apply barrier ointmentRub thoroughly into skin before donning mask with zinc oxide or mineral oilsuch as A&D ointment or Cavilon or Aquaphor ointment to face prior to maskuse.  .

·        Apply thin siliconeprotective sheets/tape or moleskin to pressure points.  If used with N95must perform seal check.

Mike