[MCOH-EH] fit testing solution

Hartley, Patrick patrick-hartley at uiowa.edu
Fri May 1 16:15:16 PDT 2020

Deanna:

We have not had to use these alternative solutions for qualitative fit testing.

However, we did work with our College of Pharmacy on campus to make additional supplies of the Saccharin (and Bitrex) solutions.

This appendix to OSHA standard does have the "formulas" for those two testing agents, so if you have some resources locally who could get the ingredients to make the solutions for you, that may help.
https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.134AppA

Good luck.
Pat

Patrick G. Hartley,  M.B., B.Ch., B.A.O., M.P.H.
Professor (Clinical) of Internal Medicine
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, Critical Care and Occupational Medicine
Medical Director: University Employee Health Clinic
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, IA 52242-1009
319-353-7072 (Office)
319-356-3631 (UEHC)