[MCOH-EH] Question re: Mask studies

Natalie Hartenbaum natah at comcast.net
Sat Jul 11 14:14:17 PDT 2020

NO!. CDC advises that;
Individual who has had close contact (< 6 feet)** for ≥15 minutes***
Person with COVID-19 who has symptoms <https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html>(in the period from 2 days before symptom onset until they meet criteria for discontinuing home isolation <https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/disposition-in-home-patients.html>; can be laboratory-confirmed or a clinically compatible illness)
Person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (laboratory confirmed) but has not had any symptoms <https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html> (in the 2 days before the date of specimen collection until they meet criteria for discontinuing home isolation <https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/disposition-in-home-patients.html>).
Note: This is irrespective of whether the person with COVID-19 or the contact was wearing a cloth face covering or whether the contact was wearing respiratory personal protective equipment (PPE)