[MCOH-EH] Free Health Informatics webinar

Jodi Powell support at meditrax.com
Fri Jul 17 21:46:50 PDT 2020

Greetings,

The Health Informatics Section of the American College of Occupational
and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) is offering a FREE webinar entitled
_*Incorporating Occupational Data into Infectious Disease Case Reports
and Employee Health Records*_ on Wednesday, August 5, 2020 from
1:00-2:30 pm EDT.

The webinar will address NIOSH's recently updated Occupational Data for
Health (ODH) and will clarify opportunities for medical practices and
electronic health records (EHRs) vendors to capture better occupational
data in EHRs. Reliable I&O data is likely to benefit both clinical
practice and reporting of infectious diseases that have an important
occupational component.

You may register for the webinar by following this link:
connect.acoem.org/s/lt-event?id=a1U3m00000L1rLZEAZ
<https://connect.acoem.org/s/lt-event?id=a1U3m00000L1rLZEAZ>

**

**

You may be aware that Dr Joe was the original chair of the ACOEM Medical
Informatics Section (before it was disbanded and then re-created by the
College), and that for the past 9 years MediTrax, at his direction, has
incorporated the NIOSH Industry and Occupation Computerized Coding
System (NiOCCS) into our software. This enables users to document the
Industry Code (SIC) and North American Industry Classification System
(NAICS) Code for any Employer with a few mouse clicks.Over the years, Dr
Joe has encouraged (and even offered to assist) other software vendors
in adding this element to their data tables.

These codes were most recently updated by NIOSH in November 2019. If
your current software provider does not allow you to capture this
information, we recommend that you encourage them to add this
functionality -- and perhaps let them know that they're also welcome to
participate in the webinar.

MediTrax also enables users to document the Occupation Code for each
worker with a few mouse clicks (these codes were most recently updated
by NIOSH in December 2019). Again, we recommend that you ask your
current software provider whether this functionality is (or will be)
available.

We will be attending the August 5 webinar to learn how we can better
incorporate this information into reports which facilitate a better
understanding of the relationship between industries, occupations, and
the health of workers and their families. *_We encourage you to pass
this information on to any individuals at your facility who may be
interested in better statistical analysis and reporting of this type of
data._*

Jodi Powell

--
*Jodi Powell*