[MCOH-EH] COVID vaccine planning/delivery

Radke, Laura L. M.D. laura.radke at froedtert.com
Wed Nov 25 06:33:45 PST 2020

Would like to ask the group how they are planning to move forward with the anticipated delivery of COVID-19 vaccines.  Specific questions I would like to pose:

1.       Will your occupational health program be responsible for the delivery of the vaccine or will this be considered a personal health issue with delivery elsewhere?

2.       If occupational, will you hold vaccine clinics similar to what is done for influenza or just do appointments in the occupational health department?

3.       Will the vaccine be considered voluntary or mandatory (condition of employment) for HCP's?  Given the EUA, it would seem voluntary...

4.       Will you store information on employee receipt of vaccine in your occupational health EMR regardless of voluntary/mandatory issue?

5.       Would you use a generic consent form (one provided by CDC or manufacturer) or would you use an institutional-specific consent if this is voluntary?

6.       Will you track employee participation if it is voluntary and not distributed by occupational health?

7.       Would adverse reactions be considered compensable under worker's compensation programs for employees if voluntary?

8.       Other than reporting to the state/immunization registry/vaccine manufacturer, do you envision any other need for reporting internally if not mandatory?

We are preparing our system for prioritized vaccine distribution and are working our way through these topics at this time.  Appreciate all of your thoughts!

Laura L Radke, MD
Medical Director, F&MCW Occupational Health Services
Phone:  262-253-8197  | Fax:  262-253-5152 Cell Phone:  414-530-0723
E-mail: laura.radke at froedtert.com<mailto:laura.radke at froedtert.com>

Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Workforce Health / North Hills Health Center Building B First Floor
W129 N7055 Northfield Dr.
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.