[MCOH-EH] COVID-19 vaccine recordkeeping

Tara Dockery tdockery at oceanbeachhospital.com
Wed Nov 25 16:05:17 PST 2020

I tell our staff that their Employee Health record is separate from our hospital records, so if they would like a copy of their vaccination information to take to their provider I can give them one.  This has been our process for all the vaccines up until the year before last, where they put a box on our vaccination Permit for staff to check if they were a patient of our clinic providers, and then we would copy their record to put into the EMR. Once we bought our Agility software, or Administrator negotiated a cheaper price to not purchase the interface to the state immunization information system, so then we send copies to the clinic she was also entering them into the state Immunization Information system for us with all the other vaccines our clinic gives, so they can be discoverable by providers if they look for them.

I do see your point, but not all of my staff is in our EMR because they don’t all get care here, and many who were hired brought sufficient medical records to me upon hire date that I didn’t need to order Employee Health labwork (such as a Quantiferon). At that, when I do order Employee Health labwork, it does not go into their EMR record unless they ask for a copy to give to their doctor.

Tara