[MCOH-EH] Planning for COVID vaccine side effects?

Behrman, Amy behrman at pennmedicine.upenn.edu
Tue Dec 1 14:45:18 PST 2020

Thank you for focusing on this, Dr Thorne. We certainly do need to plan for symptom management as well as potentially for testing. And we may need to manage more lost time than I'd expected:  Listening to the ACIP COVID session this afternoon, it sounds like there may be substantial short-term post-immunization impact on staff ability to work, particularly among younger HCP, particularly after the second dose.  The speaker recommended staggering vaccine administration within clinical units to avoid staffing problems.

Overall, it's great to see progress.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone and good luck with the immunizations! Amy

Amy J Behrman, MD, FACOEM, FACP

Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine

Medical Director, Occupational Medicine

Perelman School of Medicine

University of Pennsylvania

3400 Spruce Street