[MCOH-EH] COVID Vaccination Dose #2 in employees who become positive after dose #1

Abhijay Karandikar dr_abhik at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 18:30:27 PST 2021

 Interesting. The CDC has a section on antibody treatments and the COVID vaccine, as you probably know.

"Currently, there are no data on the safety and efficacy of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines in persons who received monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma as part of COVID-19 treatment. Based on the estimated half-life of such therapies as well as evidence suggesting that reinfection is uncommon in the 90 days after initial infection, vaccination should be deferred for at least 90 days, as a precautionary measure until additional information becomes available, to avoid potential interference of the antibody therapy with vaccine-induced immune responses. This recommendation applies to persons who receive passive antibody therapy before receiving any vaccine doses as well as those who receive passive antibody therapy after the first dose but before the second dose, in which case the second dose should be deferred for at least 90 days following receipt of the antibody therapy."

We had discussed this at our institution; however, based on feedback from our ID folks and leadership, this was not placed in our screening questionnaire. Of course, we have not encountered this commonly in our employee population.
Abhijay