[MCOH-EH] Fit Testing

Eisenhauer, Julie (TCRHCC) Julie.Eisenhauer at TCHEALTH.ORG
Tue Apr 27 11:40:26 PDT 2021

Employee Health is in charge of the Fit Testing program. However, Patient Safety oversees the PPE along with Employee Health. Because our EH department is very small we ended up having to do just in time training of other staff from several different departments to do the actual Fit Testing. They only ones who are allowed to complete the medical review is the nurses or respiratory therapists who help. We do have several people who are not “clinical” skilled who have been trained to complete the actual testing procedure and education piece. We created a Fit Test group email where staff have are encouraged to email for an appointment and anyone in that group email may set up the time to meet at a designated Fit Testing room to complete their testing.

At one point because we had so many needing fit testing and we were cycling thru multiple types of disposable respirators in order to keep staff in N95s, we actually had 2 RN’s scheduled in the Fit testing room for 8 hours a day M-F. That was back when it was difficult to get supply and our Models of respirators was changing constantly. Since we now have a good supply for 9 months, we do not have a full time Fit testing staff.

Sincerely Your Employee Health Nurse.

Julie A. Eisenhauer BSN, RN, CCM
Employee Health Nurse

Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation
167 North Main Street, PO Box 600
Tuba City, AZ. 86045
Phone:(928)283-2432 ext. 41544
Fax: (928)283-2042
Email: Julie.eisenhauer at tchealth.org<mailto:Julie.eisenhauer at tchealth.org>
HR Email: TCRHCC at tcheatlh.org

From: MCOH-EH <mcoh-eh-bounces at mylist.net> On Behalf Of Charles Hackett
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 11:51 AM
To: MCOH/EH <mcoh-eh at mylist.net>
Subject: [MCOH-EH] Fit Testing

Within your organization who does fit testing? Is it employee safety, employee health or an external vendor??
What resources are dedicated to it?
Thank you
Charlie Hackett MD, MPH
Director EOHS
Lifespan
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, (or authorized to receive for the recipient) you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments and contact the sender by reply e-mail or telephone.