[MCOH-EH] Weapons policy/Safe items

Deanna Prater dprater at luhonline.com
Wed May 19 14:47:12 PDT 2021

Good Afternoon,

I am looking to see if anyone is willing to share their facility policy
and forms for when your facility collects items from a patient to be
placed in the facility safe (particularly weapons).  I'm interested in
any language on the process of returning items to the patient and would
like to see what your forms look like for inventory and return
signatures.  I'm also specifically interested in language of how your
facility manages return of a weapon when a patient is transferring to
another facility or if they have a mental health condition that makes
you apprehensive about returning the item(s).  Do you have a weapons
policy and/or policy for collection of valuables?  Thank you in advance.