[MCOH-EH] UDS for Reasonable Suspicion vs Diversion

fldocstu at aol.com fldocstu at aol.com
Thu Oct 21 13:35:26 PDT 2021

Good afternoon all,

I’m cross posting this. For our hospital employees, for reasonable suspicion we use a med-propanel and add Suboxone and Fentanyl. However, I am recommending that for testing in a case of suspecteddiversion, we test for just the medication in question rather than a totalmed-pro panel.  I am concerned that itmay be a HIPPA issue or seen as a ‘fishing expedition’ if we test for anythingother than the drug in question.  I wouldappreciate hearing how others are testing in a case of suspected diversion.

Thank you in advance.

Stuart Sandler, DO