[MCOH-EH] Marijuana... again

Miriam Alexander mhalexander1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 08:21:34 PST 2022

I would continue to test for thc. If an individual is positive I would set
a restriction of no safety sensitive work or no patient care work. I don’t
believe you’ll ever win a malpractice case if your surgeon has THC in their
sample. I also think you’ll always lose a workers comp case if an employee
falls off a ladder. Until we come up with a way to correlate urinary or
blood thc with impairment I think we’re all in a “no win” situation. We’ve
all learned to work with alcohol  concentrations and impairment. When our
scientist colleagues figure this out we’ll be very happy.

Miriam