[MCOH-EH] Stopping Pre Employment Urine Drug Screens

LeClair-Netzel, Megan E MLeClair-Netzel at uwhealth.org
Mon Aug 1 09:52:20 PDT 2022

Hello,

Our C-suite has told Employee Health we need to investigate stopping urine drug screens for new hires as a cost savings measure and only UDS those for who it is required by law or certification.

  *   Have any others gone through this or stopped pre-employment UDS?
  *   What certifying bodies for a hospital organization require UDS?
     *   For example, we found out specialty pharmacy need UDS for URAC

Thanks,

Megan

Megan LeClair-Netzel, DNP, RN, AGCNS-BC
Employee Health Services