[MCOH-EH] Covid Testing

Charles Hackett dickenshackett at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 12:15:38 PST 2022

Throughout covid our employees have been asked to call eohs to review their
symptoms and test when appropriate for covid and then manage rtw based on
the cdc guidance for hcws.
We are now getting pushback from the same groups that wanted that approach
to why call eohs when we need staff and colds are prevalent
My questions
If an employee is sick are they required to contact eohs?
If they have respiratory symptoms / covid symptoms does eohs review, test
for covid , covid/ flu and manage rtw
Do you test for covid at all
Do you have employees call eohs at all.
As always
Thank you
Charlie

*Charles D Hackett, MD, MPH*
Medical Director, Employee and Occupational Health, Lifespan
Chief Community and Family Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital
Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Brown University