[MCOH-EH] In Office Lift Test

William.Scott William.Scott at carle.com
Fri Jan 6 13:09:54 PST 2023

We have been moving away from in office lifting testing despite marketing and client desire due to multiple issues.

1.      Lack of any standardaization of this process.

2.      No supporting clinical or research based evidence that this makes any difference in outcomes?

3.      Potential injury to staff and patient.

4.      Potential for emlpyer misuse of information and libility of incuring ADA claim wihtout standarization and documentaion of necessity of job fitness

William Scott, MD, MPH, CPE, FACOEM
Clinical Associate Professor, Carle Illinois College of Medicine,
Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana-Champaign
Head, Occupational & Environmental Medicine & Employee Health
Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle Physician Group.