[MCOH-EH] COVID Vaccine for New Hires

Lisa Dyrdahl Lisa_Dyrdahl at Valleymed.org
Sat Feb 4 13:57:26 PST 2023

MCOH List Members:
We are considering an accommodation to allow new hires to start work with only 1 of the two dose COVID vaccines.  Since we are experiencing a staffing crisis, we want to onboard as soon as possible but have concern for anyone not wanting to complete the 2nd dose, after hire, resulting in termination.

Are any of you allowing staff to start work with just 1 dose of the 2 dose COVID vaccines and is there any regulatory documentation allowing for this?

Thank you.

Lisa Dyrdahl
Employee Health Nurse
Valley Medical Center