[MCOH-EH] FDA warning about Risk of Protection Failure with Certain O&M Halyard Surgical N95 Respirators, Surgical Masks, and Pediatric Face Masks

Tim Crump crumpt at ohsu.edu
Thu Apr 13 10:22:22 PDT 2023

Hello, I wonder if others can share how their institutions are responding to the recent FDA concern: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/risk-protection-failure-certain-om-halyard-surgical-n95-respirators-surgical-masks-and-pediatric.  The FDA advises not using the identified masks and N95's due to concerns about the insufficient fluid barrier while Halyard seems to advise taking a deep breath before acting.  The Halyard N95 has been our institution's preferred N95 and the major stakeholders at our institution will be meeting to review in a couple hours.  Would like to know how others are responding to this.  Best, Tim

Tim Crump, MSN, FNP
Tim Crump, MSN, FNP
He/Him/They/Them
Family Nurse Practitioner
Multnomah Pavilion (Second Floor, SW Wing), 3161 SW Pavilion Loop
Occupational Health
Healthcare Human Resources

Oregon Health & Science University
Occupational Health
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd,
Mail code: UHN 89
Portland, OR 97239-3098
Department Phone: 503-494-5271
Office Phone: 503-346-1152
Fax: 503-494-4457
Email: crumpt at ohsu.edu<mailto:crumpt at ohsu.edu>

Mon-Wed, 8:00-5:00

[cid:3381310330_334556]

The information contained in this EMAIL message is confidential and protected by law. The information is intended only for the person or business identified in the document. If you are not the intended recipient, by sharing or copying the information you are breaking the law. If you have received this EMAIL by mistake, please notify the sender of this EMAIL and do not return, copy or keep the information in the EMAIL.