[MCOH-EH] [EXTERNAL] Fit Testing

Patricia L. Stupfel Patricia.Stupfel2 at salemhealth.org
Thu Jul 6 12:10:38 PDT 2023

Question regarding fit testing for N95’s:
Prior to the COVID pandemic, our Employee Health staff were performing fit tests in a room with 2 machines. It was quite efficient to assist two staff members at one time.  We stopped this practice and moved to a different location on campus where we have a fit test machine in each exam room requiring 1:1 ratio which was clearly better practice to avoid spreading COVID during a fit test.
Since the pandemic is over, is it possible to go back to fit testing more than one person per room?  What are other facilities doing?

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Patricia Stupfel, MSN, ANP-C
Nurse Practitioner
Salem Health Employee Health
Salem, Oregon

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email and any attachments
may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender and permanently delete the email and any attachments immediately. You should
not retain, copy, or use this email or any attachment for any purpose; nor disclose
all or any part of the contents to any other person.