[MCOH-EH] Covid

Charles Hackett dickenshackett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 04:21:38 PDT 2023

Good morning.
What is your process for employees that are sick with Covid?
We have been following the CDC guidance but using a 5 day, 24 hour symptom
free etc. The one for critical staffing even though that has passed.
We are receiving a great deal of push back because of an uptick in our
employees testing positive with Covid and perceived staffing angst
Do you require them to call employee health?
If so, what guidance are you following for return to work?
If they are not required how are you managing RTW?
Are you using a self report system without needing a human being to review?
Are you now treating this as any respiratory infection?
As always
Thank you
Charlie

*Charles D Hackett, MD, MPH*
Medical Director, Employee and Occupational Health, Lifespan
Chief Community and Family Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital
Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Brown University