[MCOH-EH] Vaccination practice

Stephanie Perkins Stephanie.Perkins at nbmchealth.com
Thu Oct 19 09:43:22 PDT 2023

We offer vaccines based on the ACIP healthcare worker immunizations recommendations, one of which being the TDAP. All vaccines we offer are voluntary, but we do require a signature of declination more for tracking purposes than anything else. If someone were to change their mind even 30 seconds after signing a declination, we would accept that.

We used to check titers for MMR and Varicella but stopped that at the beginning of this year mostly due to cost, and it's not recommended to check titers if someone has already been immunized. The MMR and Varicella vaccinations are also voluntary if they have not received them already. Here's a link to the document we follow that has the vaccines broken down pretty nicely: https://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p2017.pdf

Stephanie Perkins, MSN RN
Employee Health Nurse
Clinical Educator
North Bend Medical Center