[MCOH-EH] MCOH Staffing Benchmarks

X.J. Ethan "Mojo" Moses mosesmd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 15:14:52 PST 2023

Not sure if this has what you're looking for, but it is work that some
colleagues and I accomplished with AOHP having to do with Occupational
Health Office Staffing. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27281640/)

   - Moses XJE, Walters K, Fisher G. What Factors are Associated with
   Occupational Health Office Staffing, Job Stress, and Job Satisfaction?
   Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 2016; 58(6): 567-574.
   doi: 10.1097/JOM.0000000000000741 PMID: 27281640 (Article selected for
   issue CME.)

We found that employee health offices that required a provider presence had
roughly one provider, seven nurses, and three clerical staff per 8000
personnel served.

Hope that is helpful!

Sincerely,
Ethan

X.J. Ethan "Mojo" Moses, MD, MPH, FACOEM

Founder, Jurisdictional Workers’ Compensation Medical Officers (WCMO)

Medical Director, Colorado Division of Workers' Compensation
<https://cdle.colorado.gov/dwc>

Chief Medical Officer, Peak Form Medical Center
<https://peakformcenter.com/>

Adjunct Assistant Professor, Colorado School of Public Health
<https://coloradosph.cuanschutz.edu/education/departments/environmental-occupational-health>

Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Colorado School of Medicine
<https://coloradosph.cuanschutz.edu/education/degrees-and-programs/residency-fellowship-programs/occupational-environmental-medicine-residency>

Fellow, American College of Occupational & Environmental Medicine
<https://acoem.org/>

“There are only four rules you need to remember: make the plan, execute the
plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.”